Join us to attend, virtually or physically, this webinar addressing the topic of LGBT inclusion in the workplace in view of the sustainable development goals.
In 2015, all UN Member States approved 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to be realised by 2030. They tap into existing global challenges with regard to social inclusion, economic growth and environmental protection.
The SDGs are essential for businesses that want to improve their performance, keep up with others and outperform their peers. The same goes for inclusion regarding sexual orientation and gender identity. However, while it is recognised that they have the same rights, LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) individuals face different challenges, including in the workplace. As the key principle of the SDGs is ‘leave no one behind’, they offer companies the ultimate opportunity to work on sustainability and LGBT inclusion at the same time.
Join us for a seminar on Thursday 27 May 2021 on sustainability & LGBT inclusion, where we will discuss:
• how the SDGs relate to the LGBT community
• which challenges are specific to the LGBT community in the workplace
• why businesses should focus on inclusion in terms of sexual orientation and gender identity
• how companies can combine sustainability and LGBT inclusion
• what the impact is of non-inclusive workplaces
• what tools businesses can use to ensure both sustainability and LGBT inclusion
Seminar organised by the Embassy of Belgium, the General Representation of the Government of Flanders and the Belgian Chamber of Commerce for Southern Africa, in partnership with çavaria and the LGBT+ Management Forum.
– Luke Andrews, Strategy consultant. Leads the SAWEI programme of the LGBT+ Management Forum
– Teveshan Kuni, Financial Services professional. Leads the partner relationships of the LGBT+ Management Forum
The LGBT+ Management Forum is the organisation for professional lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT+) network groups in South Africa.
– Eva Declerck, Policy officer, çavaria
Çavaria is the umbrella organisation of LGBTI organisations in Flanders, Belgium which lobbies, trains and provides support in areas of equal rights and the wellbeing of LGBTI people
Registration: please follow this link
Date and Venue: Thursday 27 May, 16.00 – 18.30 – MS Teams (link sent after registration) or Embassy of Belgium